1924, Norman L. Bergey opened an automotive repair shop in picturesque
Franconia, Pennsylvania. Using a businessman's savvy and a gentleman's
code, he founded the Bergey way of doing
From the very
start, Norman established a method of treating customers that was based
on the Golden Rule -- everyone who walked through the door was treated
the way he wanted to be treated. Over 90 years
later, with 27 locations and more than 800 employees, we
honor our founder's business philosophy every day.
Today our family of automobile, truck and tire companies
stretch into eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and
Virginia. We're confident that whichever location you visit, you'll discover why
we're known as "a most trusted name since
- Norman L. Bergey purchased a horse-shoeing shop and converted it into
a 2-car garage.
1924 - Norman L.
Bergey opened Franconia Garage an auto repair shop with 3
1936 - Norman L. Bergey
acquired a dealership from General Tire & Rubber
1947 - Norman L. Bergey
ventured into the tire retreading
1956 - Norman's sons
became part owners of business and changed the name to Bergey's
1957 - A lawn mower shop
in Lansdale is purchased and converted into a tire
1962 - An addition was
added to the Lansdale tire store for front-end
1964 - The Franconia
facility is expanded for auto work and diesel overhauls.
- A 10-minute car wash is
1966 - A tire store is
purchased in Doylestown.
The original 20-bay truck garage is built in Franconia and an FWD truck
franchise is purchased.
1971 - A
used car and truck sales center is opened in
1972 - A GMC truck
franchise is acquired in
1974 - A Chevrolet
dealership is acquired in Telford.
1977 - A new tire store
is opened in
- A Volvo medium-duty truck
franchise is added to GMC in Franconia1978 - An AMC Jeep dealership
is acquired in Lansdale.
- Perkasie Vulcanizing is purchased in
1979 - A Chrysler
Plymouth dealership is purchased in Telford.
- A Renault franchise is added to the existing AMC Jeep
dealership in Lansdale.
1982 - A
computerized Fuel Center is built in Franconia and a Rubber Recycling
Plant in Sellersville.
1983 - A
commercial tire store is opened in
1988 - A Volvo White
Autocar heavy-duty truck franchise is added to GMC in Franconia.
1991 - The first fully automated
No-Touch Car Wash opens in
1992 - A commercial
tire store is opened in
1994 - Auto &
truck accessories is opened in
1995 - The Motor Valet
Car Wash in Telford is renovated into a new automated self-service car
1998 - A Dodge
franchise is purchased in Lansdale.
- Bergey's Chrysler Plymouth is awarded a
- H.W. Kuhn Buick-Olds in Telford is purchased
and becomes part of Bergey's Buick
2000 - Old Forge
Springhouse Ford is purchased in Ambler and becomes Bergey's
- Bergey's Chevrolet moves into new showroom and service
center on Rt. 309 in Colmar.
- Bergey's Dodge moves into
former Chevy facility in Lansdale.
2001 - Bergey's
Wholesale Parts moves into a new warehouse on Rt. 309 in Colmar.
- Bergey's purchases Souderton Dodge and moves the dealership
- Bergey's Used Car & Truck Center opens
Truck Collision Center in Franconia expands with a 4,000 sq. ft.
2002 - Bergey's
Truck Centers purchases Keystone Mack in Conshohocken, PA.
Bergey's Truck Centers purchases Horner Mack in Pennsauken &
- Bergey's Truck Centers in Franconia is awarded
a Mack franchise.
- Bergey's Commercial Tire opens a
tire store in Broadway, VA.
- Bergey's Commercial Tire is
awarded a Marangoni Ringtread franchise in Perkasie,
2003 - Bergey's
Heavy-Duty Truck Parts Warehouse opens in Colmar.
- RBL Tire
expands with a new warehouse in New Berlinville.
Chrysler Jeep Dodge moves into a new showroom and service center in
- Bergey's automated 24HR Touchless Car Wash opens
2004 - Bergey's Truck Center in Franconia expands with
new service, parts & leasing offices.
- Bergey's Buick
GMC service & parts moves into former Chrysler Jeep
Bergey's Commercial Tire & Used Truck Center opens in Thorofare,
- Bergey's purchases Tom
Forsyth Chevrolet in Zieglerville,
2006 - Bergey's
Commercial Tire expands Marangoni Ringtread
Bergey's purchases Old Forge Lincoln Mercury in Lansdale,
2010 - Bergey's Truck Centers
purchases O'Shea Truck Center in Trenton, NJ.
- Bergey's Chevrolet is named 2009 Northeast Region Certified Pre-owned Sales Leader
Commercial Tire opens a tire store in Harrisonburg,
2011 - Bergey's Chevrolet is named 2010 Northeast Region Certified Pre-owned Sales Leader
2012 - Bergey's Buick
GMC showroom and service center were remodeled in Souderton, PA
- Bergey's Truck Centers is awarded a Hino Truck
franchise in Souderton,
PA - Bergey's Chevrolet showroom and service center were remodeled in Colmar, PA
- Bergey's Chevrolet is named 2011 Northeast Region Certified Pre-owned Sales Leader
- Bergey's Commercial Tire adds ContiLifeCycle retreads to product lineup2014 - Bergey's celebrates it's 90th year in business
- Bergey's Lincoln was remodeled in Lansdale, PA
- Bergey's purchases 24-acre former Pilgrim's Pride facility in Souderton, PA
- Bergey's Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram expands the vehicle display lot in Souderton, PA
2015 - Bergey's Truck Centers is named Mack Trucks 2014 Northeast Region Dealer of the Year
- A new showroom and service center is built for Bergey's Ford in Ambler, PA
- Bergey's Buick GMC is named 2014 Northeast Region Certified Pre-owned Sales Leader
2016 - Bergey's Truck Centers is named Mack Trucks 2015 Northeast Region Dealer of the Year